I recently did some tile work in my condo bathroom ( High Rise) and there was black mold behind the old plaster. We put in dur-a-rock [Durock]but the mold concerned me. The building said it wasn't dangerous, and that they weren't responsible and i ended up closing it in to avoid a fight with the board and neighbors. Is this a bad move on my part?You never want to enclose mold without doing something about it. The mold will continue to grow. Certainly, there is a lot of bogus information flying around about mold remediation--but the situation described by the forum poster seems to be genuine. The other thing is this: Is the mold area community property or does it belong individually to the forum poster? If it is community property, then it is the responsibility of the entire condo association to remediate the mold. The other question: how much mold are we talking about? A patch three inches in diameter? The entire wall? Note that even the small patches grow rapidly.
The only option at this point is to tear out that bathroom work and eliminate the mold.