I have thrown together a few "unique" (read: odd) kitchen countertop ideas, if you're feeling a bit worn out by all the Corians and granites out there.
Alrighty, yes, I have added in some conventional countertop ideas, such as quartz (Caesarstone) and modular granite (Pedra...or didn't you know about the modular twist on slab granite?).
But here are a few unique countertop materials you might want to consider:
- Glass - Thick glass, as pictured above, that literally glows under your pendant lights.
- Zinc - Used in oyster bars. Why then not zinc countertops in your kitchen at home?
- Stainless Steel - A staple of restaurant kitchens.
- Reclaimed Wood - No, not just butcher block, but hardwood salvaged from barns and factories.
- Paper - Believe it or not, paper countertops feel and behave just like conventional types of countertop material.
Image Copyright CBD Glass