1. Home

Lee Wallender

Excellent Tiling Website: Floor Elf

By November 29, 2011

Floor Elf

Spend any time on home remodeling-related forums and it's clear that professional tilers can be a fairly humorless, undies-in-a-wad group of people.  Most threads start innocently enough, but by the fifth response, the flames begin.

Exception:  The Floor Elf.

Roger Lodwig is a professional tiler based in Ft. Collins, Colorado who writes about tile with grace and humor.  On this ad-free site, Roger offers goodies like

Along with John Bridge, this is a site you can count on if you have tiling questions.

Image (c) Floor Elf

Comments

November 29, 2011 at 10:13 pm
(1) Roger says:

Hey thanks Lee!

I’ve been called a lot of things. When referred to as the ‘exception’ it is normally a discussion about some sort of normality.

I really appreciate the acknowledgement. I am always happy to answer any questions at all left on my site.

December 4, 2011 at 12:33 pm
(2) Olive says:

Finally! A well written and HUMOR filled how-to column for us regular folk. Thats why i like Lee’s column as well.

Cheers!

January 12, 2012 at 4:23 pm
(3) Real Tile PRO says:

This “Elf” person is no tile pro. He dose not tell people everything they need to know. He is a Bad person giving bad edvice to do it yourselfers. If he worked for me…I would fire him on the spot.

January 12, 2012 at 5:48 pm
(4) Real tile pro says:

Colorado has no tile installation state code’s. Any fool can get a license in Colorado and call himself a contractor. If anyone listens to this fool and takes his edvice is a fool to. Its just a web-site for the do it youselfer with no money. Just to have some fool, beef himself up to a real tile contractor.

January 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm
(5) Real Tile Pro says:

The floor Elf is a joke. People that go this guy are just going to end up messing up there tile installation jobs. He does not tell you everything you need to know. He says things that are not that of a tile “PRO”. Go to Home Depot, they know more the the Elf.

January 29, 2012 at 10:41 pm
(6) FloorElf says:

Don’t feed the troll. ;)

June 22, 2012 at 7:57 pm
(7) EMBO says:

Real Tile Pro sounds like a disgruntled old man who is upset that somebody beat him to a good idea.

December 27, 2012 at 10:14 am
(8) janice collins says:

the Floor Elf is great. I have looked at his advice and compared to John Bridge and some tile pros I know. He knows what he is talking about. He is very quick to answer questions and very patient. And he is funny.

January 2, 2013 at 1:20 pm
(9) Bob-o says:

I hope Real Tile Pro installs tile better than he writes paragraphs…..

May 15, 2013 at 6:16 pm
(10) mark says:

I would like to see real tile pro’s website. What ever methods floor elf doesn’t state is wrong methods and that’s why you won’t find answers that arnt on the site.

August 29, 2013 at 12:31 pm
(11) Todd says:

There is always haters. just have to brush them off.

December 31, 2013 at 1:46 pm
(12) Jake says:

Floorelf.com is a huge asset when getting started. It answers so many questions from the first time I read the back of a thinset bag. Layout solutions and great advice with a clear answer on how to make complex layout simpler.

The best was about tiling a shower ceiling.