The Bottom Line
- It's an aerosol can, easy to use.
- Will spray from a vertical position.
- Produces popcorn texture without manual working.
- Multiple coats often needed to produce desired "chip" effect.
- Little coverage - 6 square feet.
- Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray is popcorn ceiling repair in a can.
- Sprays vertically for easier application.
- May take multiple coats to achieve the desired popcorn texture.
- Requires significant prep.
- Not intended for initial application of popcorn texture; for repairs only.
- Can be painted to match rest of ceiling.
Guide Review - Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray
One thing that helps is you're dealing with less texturizing compound. When you're repairing a ceiling, you don't need 50 pounds--just a 14 oz. can should do it. That's exactly what Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray offers you: six square feet of popcorn ceiling texture.
One thing to keep in mind is that you don't just spray Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray on the affected spot and be done with it. First, you need to fix that problem; this product will not save you from any ceiling leaks. Then, you need to scrape off the old popcorn texture, prime the area, and spray lightly once with Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray. After that, you'll need to spray two or three more light coats to build up the popcorn texture to the height of the texture on the rest of the ceiling.