Essential Facts About Exterior House Colors and Painting
- Trim: Many professional painters say that it's hard to go wrong with an off-white trim, despite the field color you choose for the rest of the house.
- Cost of Paint: For an average-sized house, calculate at least $1,000 to $2,000 for paint alone.
- Cost of Labor: Labor costs for a quality painting job? Don't be shocked to find estimates in the $10,000 to $20,000 range (hint: it's the prep work that really drives up costs).
- Exterior Color Trends: Most major paint manufacturers issue color trend reports for the upcoming year, available on their websites. Follow the trends or buck the trends? Your choice.
- Moisture: Homeowners don't have to think about moisture so much for interior painting, because it's easy to control inside moisture. And since there is no way to control outside moisture, pay strict attention to manufacturer's instructions about acceptable levels of air moisture for painting.
From Benjamin Moore
- Sea Pine.
- Antique White.
- Horizon Gray.
- Autumn Brown.