Plywood goes up fast and it's cheap. On the downside, it's not considered a premium siding.
- Cost-effective siding option.
- Especially cost-effective when you side only the facade (front) of the house with premium materials, such as masonry, leaving plywood on the sides and back.
- Plywood is a dimensionally stable wood, so it resists major expansion, contraction, warping and swelling.
- Available in large sheets of 8' or longer, so installation goes faster.
- Vertical grooving on plywood gives the impression of multiple boards rather than one large board--more pleasing to the eye.
- Plytanium® from Georgia-Pacific is one representative brand.