The Bottom Line
Is that it? Not quite, but that's how a lot of Americans are translating this U.S. Stimulus Plan $1,500 Federal Tax Credit for home remodeling and repairs.
Remodel, Replace...Refund! is your interface between your remodeling ideas and the tax credit.
- Concise and to-the-point.
- A guide to a relatively new program.
- Heavily illustrated.
- More than just "what to do": it's a "how to do."
- Much of the material is general remodeling advice that can be found elsewhere.
- A slim, roughly 100 page book that guides you through the Federal Tax Credit for home remodels/repairs.
- Six major categories of remodels and repairs that are covered by the $1,500 tax credit.
- Spend $12.99 for the book, get back $1,500 on taxes: net $1,487. Pretty much an easy calculation there.
Guide Review - Remodel Replace...Refund! DIY Guide to the 2009-2010 Federal Tax Credit for Home
The risk of failure is high. Claim the wrong remodels/repairs for this federal tax credit, and you risk audits and fines. Doesn't matter that you're trying to do good and save energy. It's a tax "boo boo" just like any other.
So, it helps to have someone knowledgeable to guide you through the ins and outs. Remodel, Replace...Refund! is that "someone."
The surprising thing is that this federal tax credit will pay for more than just those work-a-day, mundane repairs like insulation and water heaters. Did you know that you can install a skylight and have it covered? Or install a patio door? Or replace an entry door?
Remodel, Replace...Refund! even goes the extra step of showing you how to do these repairs yourself...or how the pros will do it, should you go that route. An offering from the mad creative geniuses at Creative Publishing that's worth the small investment to get back $1,500 on your taxes.