Kitchen remodeling always begins with a plan. Find out how professionals design kitchens for maximum efficiency. Or, you can learn basic kitchen design skills and apply them yourself.
- Kitchen Design For Remodels: Start Here
- 5 Elements of Effective Kitchen Design
- 3 Basic Approaches to Kitchen Design
- Kitchen Triangle: Building Block of All Kitchen Layouts
- 6 Kitchen Layouts
- Pictures of Kitchen Designs You Can Copy
- Free Kitchen Advice for a Price?
- Kitchen Design Software: Free and Paid
Many homeowners who may compromise on other parts of the house--even other parts of the kitchen--go full-bore with the kitchen counters. Kitchen counters are both highly visible and have practical functions. Let's examine all of your kitchen counter options.
- Top 6 Kitchen Countertop Choices
- Choosing Countertops for Your Kitchen
- A Guide to Marble for Your Kitchen
- Quartz vs. Marble Countertops: Which Wins?
- Cheap Countertops: Simply Practical and Inexpensive
Because kitchen cabinets are so expensive, it's worth the time and effort to undertake some cabinet-related projects yourself.
- Adjust Cabinet Hinges
- How to Install Cabinet Hardware
- All About White Thermofoil Cabinets for Kitchen or Bath
- Can You Save Money on Cabinets with Cabinet Refacing?
- Painting Kitchen Cabinets--Step by Step
With kitchen flooring you'll need to keep certain factors in mind in terms of durability, moisture control, and comfort. Find out which flooring--laminate, engineered, ceramic tile, resilient, hardwood, and more--work best in the kitchen.