The Bottom Line
- Roller, not foam pad.
- Accubrush XT has easy-grip rubber handle.
- Built-in brush follows roller to make for a smooth, neat line.
- Smooth-roller wheels.
- Roller locks into place on spindle (removes easy, too).
- Accubrush MX and XT are the next generation of paint edger tools.
- Accurate paint edging without using masking tape, foam edgers, or other tools that don't work.
- Though a bit expensive, it's cost-effective when compared to using a professional paint.
- Worth purchasing if you have more than one room to edge.
Guide Review - Accubrush MX and XT Paint Edger Tools
One alternative to edging tools or masking tape is somehow, miraculously, developing the expert hand for "cutting in." Since this takes years of practice to get right, it's rarely a viable option for DIYers.
Accubrush has taken the hard lessons of the past and applied them to a new tool. First of all, the Accubrush is a roller, not a slab of foam. You roll the rest of your walls, why not the edges, too? It's a logical assumption.
Next, Accubrush employs a metal edger device to keep the line razor sharp. On the fancier Accubrush XT model, this edger even moves up and down to accommodate slight bumps and imperfections the tool may encounter on the wall. Wheels on the tool also ensure that the tool rolls along, rather than slides along.
But the killer feature is the removable nylon-bristle brush that follows right behind the rollered line, to keep the paint sharp and neat.
The Accubrush XT or MT would make great gifts for any painters you may know--amateur or professional.